Who we are
Our website address is: https://motley-online.co.za.
WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY
Motley Online (“we”/Motley Online and its subsidiaries shall take all reasonable steps as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) and the Promotion of Access to Information Act (2 of 2000), to protect your personal information that we collect through any of our websites.
When we refer herein to “websites”, we include all websites owned and operated by Motley Online, its subsidiaries and its various brands.
When we refer to “you” or “your”, we mean any person that accesses or uses any of the Motley Online websites.
This policy sets out how we may use information that you provide, or that we collect about you when you visit our websites and you agree to be bound by this policy by using the websites.
We may amend this policy from time to time, in line with changes required by legislation or our internal business operations. The version as displayed on the websites at the time when you interact with us will apply, and you must therefore review this policy whenever you visit our websites.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may have asked you for your personal information, such as your name, identity number, telephone numbers and e-mail address etc. when you:
- Opened an account with us;
- Joined our Rewards & More programme;
- Shopped with us as a customer;
- Entered a competition with any of the Motley Store brands; or
- Visited our website. or
- Communicated with us for any other reason.
WHICH PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT VIA OUR WEBSITES
Depending on which website you are using, the personal information you may provide to us can include:
- Postal and/or street address;
- Title and name;
- Contact numbers and/or e-mail address (which you warrant belongs to you, or that you are authorised to use it);
- Ethnic group;
- Employment history;
- Marital status;
- Banking and financial information;
- Identity or passport number;
- Browsing habits and click patterns on TFG websites;
- Any other form of personal information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, which we may reasonably require to offer or render our services/products to you (to the extent that we are permitted in law to do so, and where you have not objected thereto).
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We use the personal information that we collect from you as follows:
- Performing our duties in terms of any agreement with you;
- Assist in making credit decisions about you;
- Operate and manage your accounts and manage any application, agreement or correspondence you may have with us;
- Communicating (including direct marketing) with you by email, SMS, letter, telephone or in any other way about Motley Online products and services, unless you indicate otherwise;
- To form a view of you as an individual and to identify, develop or improve products, that may be of interest to you;
- Carrying out market research, business and statistical analysis;
- Performing other administrative and operational purposes including the testing of systems;
- Recovering any debt you may owe us;
- Complying with our regulatory and other obligations;
- Any other reasonably required purpose relating to our business.
A cookie is a small file which asks your web browser for permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic. Cookies allow us to tailor our operations and websites to you, e.g. by estimating our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences and recognise when you return to our website.
Motley Online only uses this Personal Information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system or de-identified. Overall, cookies help us to provide you with a better website, by enabling it to monitor which pages you find useful and which not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any of your personal information, other than that which you choose to share with us. We own and retain all rights to de-identified statistical information collected and compiled by us.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change the setting to decline cookies. This however may prevent you from taking full advantage of the websites.
Motley Online has physical, technological and procedural security safeguards in place and will use its best endeavours to protect your personal information.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The personal information that we get or collect from you will always be treated as confidential and will not be shared with third parties unless you have permitted us to do so.
- We will only disclose your personal information to third parties if we are required to do so by law or if we need to share it with our service providers who need this information to provide their services, in which case they are held to similar security and privacy safeguards as mentioned herein.
You may request
- that we delete and destroy any of your personal information (If you are a Motley Online account holder, this means that you will have to pay-up and close your account because we need to be able to process your personal information to administer your account);
- that we amend or update your personal information;
- copies of documents containing your personal information, in which case you may have to pay a reasonable fee.
We can refuse to disclose certain information to you or refuse to provide you with documents in terms of the Promotion of Access to Information Act.